I just can't sleep so decided to turn on my computer again. And vent a little....
I just hate people who talk to strangers while aboard a plane. How do you know that the person you're talking to is ok with having a conversation with you???
I was seated near the aisle earlier during the flight to Cebu and the guy at the other end of the aisle kept talking to me!!! He was asking all sorts of questions like, if I was just a student, if I knew this particular resort in Boracay, where I work, how long I've been working there, and on and on!! Grrrrr! I couldn't find it in me to answer rudely, so I ended up answering all his questions. Grrr at myself!
I had to pretend to be asleep the whole time so that he won't talk to me. I hate it because it was hard work, honestly! I had to pretend that my head was dropping to 1 side so that it's a bit more believable. And I hate it more because I badly wanted to eat the salted peanuts they served on the plane :( I took a peek at him from the corner of my eye one time, saw he was asleep, so I decided to open the peanuts. But when I ripped the plastic, he suddenly woke up! So I just got 1 peanut, pretended I just wanted it so I can toy with something in my mouth, and pretended to be asleep again. So the bag of peanuts was left open on my table, eagerly beckoning the flight attendant to dispose of it when they were collecting trash. I swear if the attendant threw the peanuts away, I would slap the face of that guy at the other end of the aisle!
Whatever happened to personal space??? Next time I will bring earphones!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hate it when strangers talk to me too! For some reason, I'm a magnet for those.. I always get the crazies on the subway and often when I'm waiting for the train or the bus.
Minsan pa nga, even in a room full of people, they zero in on me. Ako pa din talaga ang kinakausap. Kaya nga often times, I put my earphones on kahit di naman naka-on ang music just so people think I'm listening to something.
I also tried the "fake" sleeping pero it doesn't work for me. They just continue talking even if I already have my eyes closed. Sabay "nudge" pa pag di ako sumagot.. kainis!
Me too, I hate it when strangers talk to me like when i'm in a line or something. Some will just ask a question then continue on to chat with you which I really hate! Sometimes when i'm really not in the mood, I can get rude and turn my back on them. But my most often strategy is pretend that I didn't hear them.
Call me snobbish but I really take the "Don't talk to strangers" advise to heart.
Post a Comment