So.. I am getting married in 8mos! And we (or should I say, I. Hehehe, peace Jai :)) started planning around a month-and-a-half ago. And I think I've gone mad!!
In all honesty, I have no (as in zero) idea what I want my wedding to be like. I think I wrote it down somewhere here in my blog a looong time ago. As in wala talaga. Of course I do want to get married and have a nice wedding, but the details, I have no preference talaga before we started planning. My wedding gown - which is supposed to be every bride's dream - I have no idea what I want it to look like. Nakakahiya when I go to potential suppliers and they ask what I want the gown to be, I'd just show them pictures of gowns that I think are nice... But I haven't come across a design na woooowwww, this is for me! (I do think though that Vera Wang is a FABULOUS designer! Most of the pictures I have with me are from her website :)) Haaay. I've met with 4 designers so far. I like the last one the most. But I think that's my mad-bride syndrome - the next supplier I meet is alwys better than the previous one. Because after I met with the 2nd designer, I texted Jai "I found my FINAL wedding gown designer!" Bwahahaha. Tapos nung pumunta kami sa pangatlo, ay, mas gusto ko na sya. Hahahahah. And then the fourth :) Arrgh! It's so frustrating to be like this! At member pa ako ng W@W so marami pa akong nababasa na other options na parang, gusto ko sila lahat puntahan :P
I don't really want an expensive wedding gown. I just want something that is so me, you'll know it's me who's wearing the gown the moment you see it. And both Jai and I believe you don't have to pay big big bucks to get excellent quality. Although I would love din to be a Veluz or a Cecilio Abad bride, but Jai won't have anything to wear if I get either of them for my wedding gown alone :P Tee-hee. Anyway, back to the gown... I'm also not too keen on beadwork and lace. I just want something simple. With nice accents. And a nice-looking (ok, sexy) back. I don't know why I'm so picky with the back design of my gown, I just want it that way. Kahit simpleng tela lang sa harap tapos lahat ng beads nasa likod, ok na yun! Or plunging backline na lang (but still decent-looking).
Jai's here, will blog a bit more next time! :)
This will probably be a wedding-and-Khalel-blog until June so I apologize in advance :)
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm super excited talaga for you! I don't know why but I get sooo excited for brides! Siguro dahil I've been there and I know what it's like and it's really something to look forward to! lol
I also didn't want to spend too much money on my wedding dress which is why I didn't get it done by a designer. I opted to go to Bridal Stores instead since they have wedding dresses made by various designers naman (Vera Wang, etc). I also didn't have an idea of what exactly it was that I wanted but I knew I wanted something simple kasi as a bride, I want to be wearing the dress and not for the dress to wear me.
Hay naku, I tried so many dresses! But when I tried on the dress I eventually wore to my wedding, I knew it was the one for me. Eventually you'll see one you'll love.
As you can see, mine ended up being very simple. Walang beading whatsoever! hahahaha! The funny thing is, when I bought the dress, at the time Steve and I were supposed to have our wedding at an Inn here in Toronto. It was after I had already bought the dress that we changed our mind and decided to have a beach wedding. So imagine, if I had bought something extremely extravagant, di babagay sa beach wedding!
Don't worry, everything will fall into place. Just keep doing your research and it will give you ideas for your own special day. =)
I loved looking at theknot.com for ideas. Take a look if you haven't.
Post a Comment