Friend: Ang gusto raw ni Bom na gift ay Havaianas.
"Friend": Magkano ba yun?
Friend: P695 yung pinaka-mura.
"Friend": Ano?! Eh kung Beachwalk na lang kaya? Ilang Beachwalk din ang mabibili sa P695.
Maybe P695 is too much for a pair of flip-flops. But the point is, honey, that is what I want, and it falls under the agreed-upon price range, right? If you have a problem with that, then it might be better to not give me a gift. I would rather get no gifts at all than get a gift from someone whose heart is really not in it.
See, I am not trying to be a saint here. It is true that I sometimes prefer the finer things in life, and I believe that should not be a crime. If flip-flops is my "thing" (you know how everyone has a "thing" they splurge on? For some, it's bags. Maybe shoes. Maybe comicbooks. Or cars. Or techie stuff.), it should not be held against me. Do not point your finger at me and try to make me feel guilty na "Ilang bata rin ang makikinabang sa P695-worth of Beachwalk." I do my personal share of giving back to the less fortunate, thank you very much. And I don't make you feel guilty when you splurge from time to time, do I? So why all the judgment now?
Thank God I don't have to put up with that kind of crap anymore. Havaianas, here I come!
Monday, September 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment