Monday, September 04, 2006

World peace? Eh, maybe next time.

Much as I was correct with MG's primary love language, I wasn't so accurate with my Ate's. Which is kind of weird since we've never been apart since we were kids, we share 1 bedroom (and our beds are twin beds that are smushed together), and we e-mail or text each other every single day.

So anyway, I was discussing with her last night the Love Language Test and I commented that I haven't encountered someone whose primary love language is "Gift." Then she goes, "Siyempre, pag sumasagot yung mga tao, they'll subconsciously choose the ideal answers. Kasi pag 'Gift' ang lumabas, it might connote that they're materialistic." Which really got me thinking.

Isn't it sad that we let other people's opinions of us affect our lives? I wish I'd see the day when we just live our lives the way we want, choose only friends whom we really really love, frankly answer any question that's thrown at us. Of course, all that without stepping on other people. By stepping on other people, I don't mean not hurting them with what we say (because sometimes, people really need to hear the truth, although of course, you can say it in a nicer way), but a) using other people to get to the top and not giving them props, b) not respecting other people's space, personal preferences, religion, etc., c) treating people like dirt, etc. If you're just being yourself, what do you have to be sorry for or be ashamed of?

I, too, am guilty of trying to conform a tad too much, and I hope that someday, I'll realize that I really cannot please everybody. Peace of mind is what matters, not pleasing other people's minds.

"Gift" is actually the last category that came up when I answered the test. I do love receiving gifts, but when comparing the "Gift" statements with their counterparts, the counterparts were the ones that tickled my fancy. However, "Physical Touch" is a close second to my primary love language. I mention this, because in my opinion, "Physical Touch" and "Gift" are the two most controversial languages in the test. Think whatever you want, but I really am a sucker for a hug, a kiss, someone gently touching my hair, a pat on my shoulder, a hand to hold. And maybe this admission, along with all other admissions in this blog, can be my 1st tiny step towards world peace, este, peace of mind.

3 comments:

k a r e n said...

physical touch is my primary and quality time comes second...i'm a sucker for hugs, kisses and holding hands too! i can never get enough! my bf is not one to shower me with words so it means a lot to me when he gives me a hug at the end of the day or when he spends time with me despite his hectic schedule. =)

lil superman's mum said...

Atleast hindi contradictory masyado yung languages niyo kasi kung Words of Affirmation yung primary mo, shucks. Hehe =)

Si Dong naman, Quality Time then Acts of Service yung sa kanya. So I guess that means tiga-silbi ako pag tanda. And he actually had the guts to guess na Gifts daw ako! Grr! Materialistic ako sa paningin niya! (but this is precisely the subject of my post right?! Hahaha!) Owell, I like gifts naman talaga, just not so much so as my real primary language/s.

Anonymous said...

Awww... maybe he won't require you to do so much... hopefully not as far as asking you to scrub the bathroom floors or anything like that dba? Hehe! Pero pansin ko gusto ng mga guys yung bine-baby sila once in awhile. Maybe that's what Dong was getting at? Hehe! BF ko gusto kasama ako pag-grocery shopping para daw may taga tulong sa pagbitbit..hmpf! sa liit kong ito di ata madali dba? =P