Tuesday, August 22, 2006

... rocked my world


I was browsing through some forums in GirlTalk and read a lot of good feedback about Vienna Teng. My curiosity got the better of me, so I downloaded some of her songs. IS SHE GOOD! Her songs sound very much like those of Sarah McLachlan (In the Arms of Angels and Adia come quickly to mind) and some say, Tori Amos. I don't have a single Tori Amos in my playlist, so I really can't compare them, but anyhoo.

Apparently, she has released 3 albums already. I'm sure her albums are one of those gathering dust at the back of music stores, considering Pinoys' general taste in music. We'd rather listen to covers than try to discover real geniuses who bring something new and intelligent to the music scene. We'd rather troop to MYMP concerts (I liked them when they started, but really, their sound gets a bit old after some time, don't you think? And do they really call themselves musicians?) than listen to something new for a change.

I'm getting a bit side-tracked here. My point is: download Vienna's songs! Try Lullaby for a Stormy Night, Eric's Song, and Gravity. Harbor, based on feedback, is good too but I have yet to hear it. You may or may not like her, but she sure rocked my Monday night! =)

No comments: