The ------ below signifies my classification from Great, Passable, and Eeeww.
Here are my rankings for AI Queen Night:
1) Elliott - Excuse me Simon, but did you just say "He (just) pulled it off?!?" He did more than that, you prick. Elliott's talent is so wasted in AI. Once again, tough song yet he delivered brilliantly. He should stick to these type of songs (i.e. Moody's Mood for Love, If You Really Love Me) that are more upbeat than say, Heaven. Looking hotter and hotter, Elliott. I could listen to you DJ all day.
2) Taylor - Funny line: "I chose this song because... I get to dance." Hahaha - as if you haven't done enough dancing. I'll agree with Randy on this one - Taylor's back! He's got some fancy dance moves now (it was so funny with the mic stand thing), not the usual tics. I am amazed that he can sing his way through superbly and still work the stage. Out of the Chosen Three, God, please let it be Taylor.
3) Paris - Let's see big sister Fantasia stand up and cheer for Paris! I love how this girl can transform herself to any image that suits the week's theme. That's not to say that I like her clothes yesterday - coz I do not. Makes her look smaller than she already is. But I loved her performance. A toss-up between her and Taylor for the first 2 spots. It is just me or did she seem sad during the intro? She was talking about the highlight of her AI journey yet she seemed sad.
* In my book, these should be the Top 3 this season. 4th should be Katharine.
---------
4) Bucky - What is he thinking choosing a song entitled Fat Bottomed Girls?! He always chooses safe songs, and I find myself getting bored. If the other 4 below him didn't do terribly, he'll be in my last spot. Didn't work for me tonight, Bucky. I still like you though.
---------
5) Katharine - Girl, you need not interrupt Simon every single time - such a biatch. And all those bungled notes didn't help you either. I cringe when I hear her "forev-eeeerrrrrrr."
6) Kellie - Did the same lighting director work on Kellie and Katharine's performances?! While Katharine's was great, the start of Kellie's performance was straight out of, yes Simon, Night of the Living Dead. Hate her clothes too. You did have big shoes to fill and sadly (and expectedly), you did not deliver tonight. And what's up with repeating "on paper?!?" around 10seconds after Simon said it?! Makes me wonder if you had to think about what naive-blond-chick trick you can pull tonight. It's unbelievable when the judges say "it was aiight" and "I was entertained" when Kellie butchered Bohemian Rhapsody, but I believe without a doubt that if it were the other contestants who sang it the way she did, they would have received a big spanking.
7) Ace - O God Ace. What can I say. It's true and hilarious at the same time what Simon said about you turning the song into We Will Rock You (albeit) Gently. Hahahaha. You may have had fun, but I certainly did not. The band swallowed you whole, and it may be time for you to go.
* I hate Randy for agreeing with Simon that he was just being kind when he gave Ace a 5 or a 6. If you think a contestant deserved only a 1 or a 2, tell that to him directly and not just as an afterthought, dawg.
8) Chris - Last I checked, AI is still a singing competition and not a shouting competition. He was the first one I heard when I caught the 8pm show, and I've watched the show thrice after that (10pm, 12mn, and this morning at 11am), and I always click the mute button when it's his turn. You do not bring anything new to the table, Chris. Please go away. Now. Also, belting is different from shouting. Mandisa is a belter, you are a shouter. You do not say to Queen "I'm gonna belt it out tonight" smugly when all you're gonna do is shout.
* What's with the eyeliner?!
All in all, the show was pretty good. Can't wait to watch the results in a little while.
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment