Thursday, April 13, 2006

Pet Peeves

This is a pretty mean post, but I can't help it (evil grin) =)

I can't stand:

  • People in shuttles who don't tie their hair and let it fly towards other people's faces or other body parts.
  • People who don't wait in line (classic example: when you're in a line for a ride, you take a seat according to your place in the line. You don't push your way to the start of the line to get a good seat, by reasoning that you're included in the seating capacity of the van and you'll all be accommodated after all. Duh. I did not wake up early to give up a perfectly good seat.).
  • People who spit in public areas.
  • People who don't adapt. Just because you're raised and treated as a princess in your la-la-land doesn't mean everybody else has to.
  • People who are late. Late-comers have zero respect for the time of others.
  • Drivers of PUVs (this includes tricycles) who dress shabbily or God-forbid, smell horribly. Please spare us. Can't a small portion of your ever-increasing fares be put to good use by purchasing tools for hygienic purposes?
  • People in cinemas and chapels who don't put their phones into silent mode.
  • Taxi drivers who keep dropping hints that you just HAVE to add a couple of pesos to their meter. Just a tip - people would give bigger tips if you keep your mouth shut and just be nice.
  • Oh, please add to the previous item - Taxi drivers who go "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk" every so often when your destination is a little far or is a bit into the woods. Newsflash: we WILL pay every single centavo in your meter, that's why we flagged you down.
  • Church-goers who don't dress appropriately. I once saw a teenager hearing Mass wearing a shirt that said "I love Sex." WTF?! Yes, I do believe that it is not our outside appearance that matters, but this is just borderline cheap and annoying and distasteful and everything else in between.

More to come, I just really have to sleep now =)

No comments: