Ever since I was a little girl, I have always dreamt of the day when I would start receiving flowers, imagining how I would walk around with big, colorful bouquets. Like any other girl, I've dreamt of chocolates, huge (and showy!) presents, romantic dinners, little and big surprises that would elicit a dreamy smile from me and "I can't believe he did that, you're so lucky!" comments from anyone who would listen to my story, etc.
22 years later and 68 mos later after April 23, 2000:
1) No flowers just yet
2) Does Maltesers count as chocolates?
3) Dinners at fast-food restos?
Looking from the outside, you may think I'm one deprived kid. That I've had to "sacrifice" my girly dreams to be with him. But to tell you honestly, everyday without fail, I think I'm the luckiest girl in the world. And never have I felt that was sacrificing anything. In fact, I got all I wanted and more.
Yes, I admit, I'd most probably still feel giddy when he gives me his very first bouquet (or a lone rose would do :)) and won't be able to sleep right away when he takes me for our first romantic dinner, but I have always been contented with what he "gives" me.
Sure, he doesn't give me flowers or other things that are normally present in a relationship, but here are some of the things he (we) does (do) that makes me think I really couldn't ask for more.
(Pardon the switch to Taglish :))
1) Naliligo siya kahit pasmahin para lang mabisita agad ako sa bahay - this happens every week back when we were in College and to think 2-3hrs lang yung magiging bisita niya sa bahay ;) ;
2) Ako lang pinapayagan niya magbunot ng puting buhok niya ;
3) We can watch a movie at SM and eat dinner at Jollibee and still have a blast ;
4) He's so nice to my family;
5) He waits for me to go home everyday, even though I sometimes leave the office at 11pm and he has to wake up at 3am for a 12-hour flight. At wala akong naririnig na reklamo ever;
6) Hindi niya ako pinag-d-drive pag magkasama kami para di ako mapagod :) Kahit siya yung may pasok kinabukasan at ako eh sitting pretty lang sa bahay;
7) He senses when I need him and rushes to my side;
8) ... Wala na akong maisip na sobrang specific ... :D But it goes without saying that our relationship is, ironically, a dream come true for me :)
I Love You, Dong.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment