Hi again :) It's been AGES since I last wrote here.. (I think I've used that line a few times over the lifespan of my blog :)) But I'm on a serious attempt now to write again. I need this!
Right now, Typhoon Pedring is howling ever so loudly outside. Khalel is fast asleep, Jai still at work. I'm enjoying the peace and quiet of our small home, but I also miss playing with Khalel and talking or watching TV with Jai. There's really not much to blog about today, but there's been major changes since my last entry.
I've now been a fulltime housewife and mother since August 10, 2011. It's just really been technically a month, but it kinda feels like a year :) I resigned because I was really tired. Yes, if everyone resigned everytime they're tired, zero people would have jobs today. But I was really tired. I've been at it for a total of 7 years, 4 of that with Unilever... I've learned so much, met countless friends, grew a thousandfold, but the weeks/months leading to Aug 2011 were just hell.
I was cranky all the time, I didn't have energy to take care of Khalel on weekends, and had practically no time for Jai...because I was tired. Bakit ba, that was usually my thought back then. Until finally, Jai and I just decided Khalel needed me more than Unilever, so I resigned. I was offered a parttime role in Unilever - my same role but I would just report for work 3x a week, and my boss said he'll take my laptop on the 2 days I'm off to ensure absolutely no work on those 2 days.. It was a tempting offer, one that I was really tempted to take and had me thinking for more than a week, but I felt I needed a clean break from Unilever and all the stress.. And it didn't help that almost all of my Unilever friends discouraged me from taking it.
That decision led me to where I am now :) Not sleep-deprived... And I've spent every waking minute of the last month or so with Khalel. Life has been good :) I'm just not used to not having my own money, but with Jai beside me, I know I'll (and we'll) be ok.
I am still looking to work in a few months' time.. Maybe next month if God-willing.. I have an interesting prospect now, but the office is a bit far (Eastwood) and the role is a start-up role, which almost always means excessive workhours at the start. I'll just cross the bridge when I get there :) But truth be said, imagining myself trodding to work in the morning and leaving Khalel is a sad sad picture. I also don't think I'm quite ready for that yet. My personal resolve is if I think (even the smallest bit) that I'm not yet ready to give up my being a fulltime mom, then I won't give it up. That simple.
Besides, I can always go back to the corporate world, but Khalel will only be 2, 3 years old only once in his life, and I think I will regret it more if I choose not to be with him at his age.
That said, being a fulltime mom is hard work! It's definitely not easy. I once saluted working moms, but my hats off too to all fulltime moms. Hindi sya madali. There's also a lot of sacrifices involved, trust me :)
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment