Saturday, January 30, 2010

unwell

I'm exhausted.

We're going on 3mos without a yaya-slash-househelp. Trying to do everything on my own (and the usual delegating of some chores to Jai) because I don't want to burden other people with house chores. Kaso ang hirap talaga. Maybe if I were a housewife, ok lang.. But no, I have to work... And at punishing hours at that. I wonder how Sara does it in the US? :(

I do enjoy doing household chores.. It reminds me of my first and foremost role in life - mother and wife. Pero sa kakulitan ni Khalel at sa late nights sa office, it's just impossible to do it with a happy heart all the time. I can feel my body complaining. Migraine's been visiting me more often now.. Pimple on my nose (again! Pimple, I have a wedding to attend (hahaha) in June, pleaaaassseee go away.). Can't seem to sleep.. And when I wake up, I feel like I haven't slept at all.. Maybe I am getting old na talaga :(

On another note, I am still emotionally troubled. I cried over it with Jai 2 days ago. He said he didn't think it has been affecting me this much - well, think again, my dear. I do think it's one of the reasons I'm not feeling well. We've talked about it already.. I said my piece, he said his. He's right, as usual. Have made steps to hopefully forget this *bwisit na* phase. C'mon, 1) it's not my life, 2) it's as if I don't have enough to worry about!!!

I wonder - am I stupid for letting it affect me this much? Why am I so affected anyway?????!!

7 comments:

Jela said...

Much as hate as well to be affected by problems that aren't mine, I think it's our way of showing empathy. I guess that's always better than being indifferent.

I hope you would find a yaya/househelp soon. Very soon so that you'll get your beauty rest before your big day! ;) But I'm proud that you're able to juggle your professional job and your being a wife and mother. :)

k a r e n said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
k a r e n said...

Kudos to you Bom for juggling being a wife, mother and professional all at the same time.

Here in Canada, it's unthinkable for me to even hire a yaya/househelp. It's just way too expensive for us so we're forced to do everything on our own. I always wonder what it will be like with a baby.

Steve always asks me what it was like when I was in the Philippines and when we had househelp back then. Wish niya daw kasi may househelp din kami dito para we don't have to do all the chores ourselves. lol

But don't worry, you will manage. I know it's exhausting but I'm sure it's also rewarding knowing that you are doing your best to be a good wife and a good mom. :)

you still have plenty of time before june!

lil superman's mum said...

thank you for the votes of confidence!!:) i'm happy too that i'm able to juggle my different roles, nakakapagod lang talaga.. and sometimes I think I'm failing miserably by trying very hard to the "best" in all my roles. Khalel is such a handful! siguro kung girl sya, tahimik lang sya sa isang sulok :P

Jela: Jai says I'm overly empathic. Hahahaha. Sya nga daw walang pakealam, bakit daw ako affected? :P Hay, boys!!

jen said...

Bom, sorry but a girl can also be a handful, perfect example are my pamangkins... sa totoo lang, minsan mas makulit pa si Lei kesa kay Lui! There are times na si Lei gusto ko na lang pira-pirasuhin sa sobrang kulit! :P

k a r e n said...

Bom, if it's any consolation, sabi nila pag daw makulit yung una, mabait yung pangalawa and vice versa! lol baka time for baby #2? hehehe

k said...

hahaha, siguro girls are naturally empathic :P haha! boys are normally insensitive, teehee! :P osige na nga, hindi na insensitive indifferent lang talaga sa mga emotional states ng ibang tao. at least Jai made you feel better, finally :)