I'm so forgetful these days. Tipong nakakalimutan ko kung nakapag-toothbrush na ba ako, even only after 5mins of doing so.
And I keep misplacing things, I hate it. I always say I'm good at remembering things and it's unnerving to have to claw around for information that I'm supposed to know already.
---
I don't think I'm supposed to be a career woman. I felt it a long long time ago, but I feel it more now.
Or maybe I'm just tired from the daily 8-5 grind. Or maybe this is just a phase. Or not. Or I'm just in the wrong job.
I told my mentor here that I feel a Finance post is not what I really want, but more of a Sales/Mktg Operations kind of job. I badly want to transfer, but another mentor advised me not to leave any job without memorizing the ropes or if I haven't contributed anything brilliant to the team. Well-taken, of course. It's just so hard to perform well if my heart's no longer in it :( Chicken and egg situation, basically.
I'm also not a Process-Management kind of person. I have very little patience for drafting processes/workflows in Visio and interviewing stakeholders for their inputs. Kainis kasi di mabilis yung progress, and the progress actually depends on how cooperative your stakeholders are. I now doubt if I'm being paid more than what I deserve or the job fit is just not there.
I like being on the move all the time and not saddled by inefficiencies of other people. It's not that I'm not a team player - it's just so frustrating if, for example, data I need is not readily available and I'm still expected to deliver the same analysis regardless.
And I hate our office :( It's smack in the middle of nowhere; I'm confined in this huge compound 8hrs every day (even more) and I can't do leisurely walks if I suddenly find myself burned out in the middle of the day. I miss Makati :( And I hate it that I can't go out for short trips to the mall if ever I need to buy a gift for someone.. Dati kasi puwede sa Makati. All my shopping, which isn't a lot these days by the way, should wait till end of the day or worse, during weekends. Come Saturday, however, I'm too tired to shop :(
---
Have you ever encountered 2 people who are as different as night and day yet live harmoniously together and who love each other unconditionally? One of life's better miracles talaga.
---
Speaking of miracles, I saw this sign in Bubba Gump when we had our "reunion" dinner 2-3wks ago :)
"Miracles happen everyday. Some people don't think so, but they do."
A great pick-upper to think about if you feel like nothing's going your way :)
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Funny. But I saw the same sign last Friday. ^^,
Hay. Wish a miracle would come my way. LOL.
Ako din, the more time passes, I find myself being less of a career person and more of a home-maker... when once upon a time I could see myself being this cool executive, now I find myself thinking of how much I would enjoy raising kids someday.. Of course, I still want to move up the corporate ladder. I still have career goals.. I'm just not sure I want to keep doing what I am doing right now.
Sabi ni mama, the older we grow, the more mellow we get. Gosh, I'm only 25.. marami pang kelangan gawin! hahahaha
It seems like you've been down a lot lately.. if you're unhappy with where you are, it's prolly a sign that you should move on to something else.
Post a Comment