Don't laugh. Amiable talaga ako. Well, sabi ng isang work-related survey, nakalimutan ko lang yung title. Ummm, siguro amiable lang ako when it comes to work, alam ko maldita ako pag sa mga personal na bagay.
Anyway, I remember taking this survey din nung nasa DKS ako. You're either one of four daw: Driver (self-explanatory), Amiable (meeeee!!!), Analytical (data data data, yuck), and Expressive (mga tipong Jai pag nangungulit sya, ganun). Dun sa DKS, Analytical yung lumabas sa'kin pero naalala ko, I had a queasy feeling back then, parang feeling ko dinaya ko lang yung survey para medyo "maganda" yung description ko sa sarili ko at tugma sa pagiging isang Cost Controller.
I took the test again in one of our seminars in Unilever. We were around 15 in the group tapos ako lang yung Amiable. Goodness. Then we had this exercise where, as a group, we had to write how we react (1) when we ask for data from other people at work and (2) when someone asks data from us. So, since ako lang mag-isa sa group ko, I had to do it by myself. The facilitator helped me so she asked me questions that were pretty straightforward, then I just had to answer honestly what I do given the situations.
Yung mga lumabas na sagot..
1) When I ask for stuff, it's difficult for me to say "Submit by March 15." I always have to say it this way: "Is it alright if I ask for your inputs by March 15?" At tawa sila nang tawa sa'kin. Especially those freaking Drivers! Hmpft!
2) I always put smileys in my emails; second-nature to me, I guess.
3) I also use salutations all the time... When I receive emails na walang salutations, nagwworry agad ako kung may nagawa ba akong mali. There's also these people who, for some reason, capitalize my name (i.e. "Dear BOM") and I hate it!! I've encountered these in all 3 companies that I worked for. Dahil ba my nickname is also short for Bill of Materials??? Basta kakainis.
4) When I follow-up on my requests, if I can avoid pestering them personally, I'd gladly do it. Feeling ko kasi I'm invading their personal space. The most "straightforward" I can go is follow-up through phone. At takot na takot pa ako dun.
Anyway... The facilitator asked the Drivers how would they feel if they got an email from me na ganun daw yung pagkaka-phrase ng deadline tapos di ako nag-f-follow up personally.. Sabi nila, they'll think my request is not that important. Whhhaaaaaatttt??? Ganun ba talaga?? Diba dapat, as a professional, when someone asks for something from you, you work on it without discriminating how the request was phrased? Sabi nga ng facilitator, it's funny because they think I'm not important, but my only intention is to be considerate to them. Tama!!!! Feeling ko kasi, my request is not the only thing they're working on, so I'd like to give them time kasi kawawa naman din. The drawback there is, ako naman yung nahihirapan pag crunchtime na. Haaaay. At ako ang nalilintikan sa boss ko. Syet.
And guess what? Halos lahat ng Sales, Driver!!! Buwiset! So kinakaya-kaya lang nila ako. Hmpft! Unfair, diba?!
Have to work on my Driver skills. Waaaah, parusa ito.
Sunday, March 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment