How does one get on the good side of your boyfriend's family?
Jai has 8 other siblings (he's the eldest). Out of the 8, 6 are girls. And you know how mean and catty girls can be to other girls, right? Ah no, no, they're not mean to me, they're all actually very nice. But I think you'll agree with me that girls are more "mapag-mata" to other girls than boys are to girls. So I feel like a bug under a microscope most of the time.
Jai's a very cool kuya, and though he tells me that his sisters don't usually shower him with compliments (eh kasi ba naman, ang Kuya nila, laking-San Beda -- egotistic na kumbaga :P Hahaha, joke :)), I know they look up to him and love him to bits. Kaya, yikes, double the pressure.
Tipong, hindi ko alam kung mag-a-asal ate ba ako sa kanila or ka-barkada; hindi puwedeng masyadong malandi ang suot pero ayaw ko rin naman magdamit na parang wala akong ka-fashion-fashion-sense (ang tagaaaal ko magbihis pag lalabas kami kasama nila hahaha. Eh pag papunta sa office, I can get dressed 2 minutes flat.); nahihiya ako pag nakikipag-holding hands si Jai sa'kin sa harap nila kasi... basta. Maski sa Friendster, nakuuu, di ko alam kung okay lang na ako ang mag-add sa kanila kasi baka isipin ang feeling-feeling ko tapos ma-p-praning ako pag hindi nila ako inadd. Hehehe.
Me and my problems. Ang babaw ko talaga :)
But seriously, I love their family. They're extra nice to each other, and when I'm with them, I feel their closeness - to an extent that I wish I can be a part of it. And since Jai loves them (and I love them as well), their opinions matter to me. And I really really pray that they like me for him.
Saturday, August 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment