I was talking with Jai the other day, and he said something about pursuing a Ph.D after his Master's.
Crap.
First thought: He's so driven, I am eternally turned on. Hahaha.
Second (and the most shallow, not to mention scariest) thought: Wala ka na bang balak pakasalan ako??? Ever??? (Hahaha)
And I did ask him this ha. Hahaha.
Third thought: Why does he have so many plans for himself, and I don't even have a clue as to where I'll be a year from now?
Sure, I want to take up Master's too, but I'm not looking around for good schools. I don't have a single penny to my name. I don't see myself studying exactly a year from now. He's been persuading me to enroll the soonest, kasi "ang bilis lang niyan dadaan. Maya-maya, hindi mo na namalayan, graduate ka na."
Don't get me wrong - I love school. I really want to start reading again, to have group discussions, to study for an exam. Pero, I just don't see myself as a student right now. Maybe it's because I'm earning relatively well. Or because I don't have tuition money (yeah yeah, I have zero saving skills). I really don't know.
---
Have I mentioned that I love talking with Jai? :) For all I know, he holds the key to all of life's questions. My life's questions, that is. Hehe. I get to ask him anything, and he always has answers :) I can ask him Physical Education-related questions (i.e. bakit nangangalay ang binti ko bago matulog?) or something entirely earth-shattering (haha, OA), and he always has something nice to say :) I also love it that he opens Wikipedia almost every single day and researches about things he finds interesting. I saw him looking up the definition of "Controlling" (if anyone's interested, that's our job :)) last week. Geek, noh? Hehe, he's far from geeky-looking though :)
We were watching "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" at home a couple months back, and we were asking each other what's the story behind each of the characters (Dorian Gray, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, Tom Sawyer). I ended up Wikipedia-ing them the same night. Huhu, geek. But I was happy that I did it... I'm more "thoughts" (i.e. I want to take up Master's; I wonder who Dorian Gray is) while he's more "action" (i.e. I'll enroll tomorrow; I'll look Dorian Gray up).
What I'm trying to say is: I hope that his I-have-concrete-plans-for-tomorrow sort of thing would rub off on me, the same way that he's got me hooked on this nosy-Mr-Wikipedia habit. SOON, please :)
P.S.
Can I just say, feeling ko bobo ako minsan pag kausap ko siya? :P No, he doesn't make me feel inferior in any way, pero parang masyado siyang malalim mag-isip para sa'kin.
Like, I asked him last week -
"Jai, kung ikaw ay babae, ano ang gusto mong tumutugtog na kanta habang naglalakad ka sa aisle sa wedding mo? Kasi diba, technically, para sa bride yung walking-down-the-aisle-song?"
Isip siya saglit. Ang sagot niya: Secret Garden by Bruce Springsteen.
Search naman ako ng lyrics.
And parang di ko ma-gets ang romantic thought ng kanta. Hahaha. I had to read it several times over to understand. Eh ako, yung mga naiisip kong mga kanta eh puro may literal meaning sa lyrics. Gets niyo ba? Hayyyy. At pag nalaman niyang hindi ko na-gets kaagad ang meaning ng kanta, yikes, turn-off! Wag naman sana :) *cross-fingers*
Kunwari, You're Still the One ni Shania Twain, mga tipong ganun. Literal. Pero no, hindi yan isa sa mga kanta ko. And no, I don't wanna share my songs at the moment :P
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment