Tuesday, June 12, 2007

dreamland

I have this silly dream. Yes, I know it's silly but I can't take my mind off it, so I guess it's worth writing a blog entry for. I was raring to go to sleep last night but I just couldn't - all because I kept imagining the "dream."

I want to go to a ball. And wear a gorgeous floor-length dress. Yun lang. Hehehe.

I know the timing is not good - I'm 23 years old, and the era of proms and dances and debut celebrations have long come and gone. It's also too early to start going to weddings. But I just really really really want to know how it feels like to wear a nice dress.

See, the only time that I got to wear a dress was way back in High School. And High School days for me meant practically forcing my mom to give me money for something I want. She really didn't fork over that easily those days and buying a to-die-for gown was probably the least of her priorities. Well, not really.. I know she wanted me to look nice, but we had to work around a budget. I ended up wearing this plain black dress, and I remember I kept looking at some of the girls in our class and thought they all looked amazing and wondered if their dress would look good on me and.. and.. and..

So I was tossing and turning last night, all because of "the dress." I've actually thought of buying one just to quell this weird fantasy. But the image of me coming home with a ball gown in one hand that I won't get to use till who-knows-when would probably be the butt of all jokes for a long long time. So never mind... :)

The irony here is that as much as I want to keep on fantasizing about the dress, I also want to keep it down to a minimum. You know those times when you keep on playing something in your head and then when it actually happens, you feel that there's something missing? That you dreamt it to reality but over-dreaming made the magic go away? I'm not talking about Cinderella-esque-magic here, but I wish this one dream, no matter how silly it may seem, would live up to its hype. I wish I'd find that one dress I'd love to bits, have someone who'll tell me I'll look beautiful in it, and go home with a smile on my face, wishing I can relive the night over and over again.

No comments: