I have never been one to keep many friends. Acquaintances, maybe, but not close friends. Life flashes right before our eyes, why keep people who eats up a fraction of your time when you can allot it to something, or more importantly, someone more worthwhile?
I would like to think that I have a special relationship with each of my friends - each one of them, I've shared something with. And I don't just mean helping each other when the other was down. I don't just mean sharing in the heartbreaks and feeling the pain - I'm also talking about days that start out ordinary yet end up totally the opposite. How? By simply taking the time to sit down, have coffee, and talk about almost anything. Then you'd notice there's a bounce in your step, a smile that doesn't quite leave your face.
As Gretchen Barretto once said, you don't need lots of friends; you just need several good (or best) friends. That's really all you need to get by.
Friday, September 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment