Friday, September 01, 2006

I Offer My Life

I keep forgetting how good it feels to go to Mass on a weekday. You know that everybody's there out of their own volition and not just a weekend ritual they've grown accustomed to.

This is one of the songs that always touches my heart everytime I hear it. It's a good battlecry whether you're up or down in the vicious cycle that is life.

All that I am, all that I have
I lay them down before you, oh Lord
All my regrets, all my acclaims
The joy and the pain, I'm making them yours

Lord, I offer my life to you
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life

Things in the past, things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my heart, alll of my praise
My heart and my hands are lifted to you

Sometimes I forget that even if I'm alone, I'm really NOT completely alone. I've been blessed with a good life - a loving family, my not-perfect-but-perfect-for-me partner, great friends, a job that feeds me, a house over my head, clothes on my back - but sometimes, I fail to say thank you. I only remember Him when I'm down and out.

It's not too late though.

My whole life, the good and the bad, I offer to YOU.

No comments: