For the past month or so, I've been pressuring my friends to accompany me have my eyebrows (waxed or thread-ed) and eyelashes (permed) done. And finally! Okay, I wasn't able to do it with my supposed partners (we're tired of seeing each other's faces 5x a week so meeting up on a Saturday is just too much! Ha! Just kidding!), but I still had fun with my HS friends! It was one of those spur of the moment things, and it's one of those rare times when I think it's really best to just go with the flow and not make plans.
So anyway. I've been sporting my new eyelashes for around a week. Hee-hee. I love it! It beats curling it every single day. The curl is still a bit OA, especially if I put mascara (which the attendant said is a must if I want the curl to last 2mos), but I still love it! Never mind that my dad keeps ribbing me about it - arte-arte mo kasi.
The eyebrows is another story. I decided to have them thread-ed to get rid of even the tiniest hairs. DID IT HURT! I couldn't stop the tears =( I was told that the pain becomes more bearable after each visit, so I'm looking forward to that.
Then tomorrow, I'm going to have my first ever hair treatment. I don't know what specific treatment yet, but yes, I haven't even had hot oil before. I'm also going to have my hair cut! And I'm also thinking of having highlights. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd say that, but I guess I'm up for small changes to match the other (major) change I'm making in my life right now (more on that in another post).
Adding all that up, I'd be set back by around P4K? All in two weeks?! Oh, vanity! And I haven't even included the spa package I've been dying to avail =( And the facials =(
But on the brighter side, I won a Shu Uemura gift set from Marie Claire! =) I won a lip gloss, an eyeshadow, a color mousse, and a nail polish. Okay, so the shades are a little out there (the nail polish is orange - I don't use nail polish and my mom won't use it so I'm just gonna have to sell it =( ) but still! I get to have a new lip gloss (which is soooo nice!) and an eyeshadow. And to think this is my first time to win something out of sheer luck! So now I'm itching to join all magazine promos, i.e. letter of the month, answers to their survey questions, etc.
Ang hirap maging babae! But I do know a couple of guys who are more vain than me so.... (hehe, just trying to convince myself that all my expenses are okay).
Friday, August 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
sorry about that but i forgot to complete my comment heh.
anyways as i was about to say, "was that a parinig?" nyahahaha...
Hmm.. The men-who-are-vain part? Hmm.. I guess so? But not just you =)
wow! that's a lot of money in 2 weeks! i agree, being a girl is definitely expensive (w/c, i may add, is why my parents only wanted 1 girl).. i want to try going to a spa (sadly, i've never been except to a nail spa) but i have yet to do some research as to where i should go. my bf complains how much i spend when it comes to shopping, getting my hair and nails done and all the "girlie" things i spend for.. but it the end, hey it's definitely worth it! =)
Post a Comment