Monday, June 19, 2006

first impressions

My friends and I thought it would be fun to enumerate our first impressions towards each other. It's funny how some impressions usually end up wrong and how some people whom you thought you wouldn't really get along with turn out to be greatest people you can meet.

For anonymity, I won't post my friends' names =) (hahaha) =)

- high maintenance(!), elitist, aloof, fashionistang elitista, tahimik, suplada, supladang fashionistang elitista - kung hindi ko lang alam na UP grad ka, I would've thought that you're from DLSU *, may sariling "crowd"

* just the classic stereotype =) No harm meant.

I don't know if I should be offended or not =) At first, I was a bit taken aback but then I thought it's the same old first impressions I usually get (i.e. mataray, suplada, at kung anu-ano pang synonyms diyan) so why was I even surprised? I'm just wondering if at first glance, is it how everyone assesses me? Do I really scare people off?

I treasure my friends' honesty, and it also feels nice that I was (hopefully!) able to prove them wrong. To somehow cushion their tough blows (hahaha), they also wrote what surprised them about me.

- jologs (hahaha! hindi naman masyado, basta hindi high maintenance :)), open minded, very accommodating, fashionistang jologs, thoughtful, sensitive, and sometimes surprises me with her views, at nakakatakot pag nagalit!, nakakatakot kapag tahimik - mahilig kumain ng kung ano-ano tuwing umaga - certainly not a morning person - kikay 1 - smart - mas "cowboy" pa ata sa akin hahaha!

In the end, wouldn't you prefer to start on the wrong foot and become good friends rather than the other way around? I know I would.

P.S.
So I guess I still am masungit! Haha =) I guess that's just the way I am. Took after my dad, ya know =)

2 comments:

jen said...

hahaha!!! if you can't find a reason for things, blame it on the genes! always been my motto since college, just felt good to be reminded. hahaha!!! :D

lil superman's mum said...

Nothing I can do about my genes diba?! =) Para kaming pinagbiyak na niyog nung Tatay ko or so my mom says.. Sungit! =<