Wednesday, May 24, 2006

TAR Season 9

I hope you were able to catch the 2-hr season finale of The Amazing Race. If you still haven't, I think it's still being aired in AXN this week so go, go, go!

Some people are saying that the last task was a bit blah. For real?! I personally thought it was the bomb. A major breather from the physical tasks they usually use as a prelude to the nerve-wracking dash to gorgeous Phil, the red carpet, and the $1MM.

To quote Jeremy, "(I) didn't think the last one was gonna be brains. Dammit." =)

Although I was distracted by a man named Elliott over at another show, I still love TAR to bits. It's a wonderful opportunity for everyone to experience the world (although it IS kinda hard to enjoy the ride when you're huffing and puffing and actively strategizing what you'll do next, but still, a free trip around the world is too good to pass up) and more importantly, it allows you to experience it with someone dear to you. I think that's the highlight of the entire journey. And I believe this is also why non-winners of The Race don't look bitter at all (well, except for Eric and Jeremy when they stepped on the mat but I really think that after a couple of good nights' sleep, they'll realize that the experience itself is already worth a million dollars).

I would love to join TAR Asia, but I'm guessing one look at my skinny frame and they'll immediately say "Next."

No comments: