Friday, May 19, 2006

Goodbye E.

Goodbye Elliott, 'twas an excellent run. And a big F*** You to American Idol. Elliott's way better without you.

I am so indignant not because Elliott got the short end of the stick tonight. Not because I won't hear a full song from him again until the AI album comes out. Not because that biatch named McPhee is in the finals. Not because E needs the prize more than anybody.

It's because McBitch was treated like Her Royal Highness, while Elliott was treated like trash. Proof?
1) McBitch's Somewhere Over the Rainbow was 2:43 long, while Elliott's What You Won't Do for Love was only 1:20 long. WTF?!
2) Elliott not getting the pimp spot, when Kat had it last week and Taylor had it the week before. Then it's Taylor again this week?! With Elliott going first?
3) Simon explicitly showing him the door out.
4) Simon outright announcing on an interview that Elliott's a nice guy but it'll be Taylor and Kat in the finale.

I hate it how shows like these persuade you to invest in something/someone and pull the rug out of you. Well, no one said it will be all nice and fair. God.

Going back to E. Okay, I wasn't really floored by his performances last night - Trouble was a loooot better than all the 3 songs combined. I loved Open Arms but it was too short, damnit! That song's highlight is the 2nd chorus, and, God forbid, the show just didn't have enough time to include that. Oh I'm sorry, we just have to give that airtime to McBitch. Right. Paula's choice was perfect for Elliott's range and tone, but the song per se did not have that whoa factor you have to totally bring in the Top 3. But hats off to Paula for a good song choice. Elliott's personal choice was a bit meh for me (during the first "hearing," that is). Right after he ended his last song, I knew he was in trouble. He just didn't bring it tonight. It was like he knew what was coming, he knew what the show was purposely doing to him, and he just wasn't up for it anymore. It's sad to see him so dejected like that, and had he actually known what the Results will be, I would have wanted him to exit on a high note.

To be fair, I thought Somewhere Over the Rainbow was fantastic. If I had just closed my eyes and imagined someone else singing it rather than fat-ass over there, I would download it in a flash. But c'mon, "the best vocal piece in the entire competition"?! Really? And what's with copying Fantasia's signature moment (READ - Summertime)? That biatch really has to resort to all kinds of gimmicks just to get everyone high up on her McPheever *puke*. And puke a bit more.

And then, I have to see all these pics tonight and it makes me want to put my finger right inside the television and poke that camera whore in the eyes.
And her equally bitchy, no-class-whatsoever, mother:



Katharine McPhee - one song can never change the fact that you're a God-awful singer who tries too hard. And you gotta thank your fat-ass and your pretty face for that Top 2 spot. Ooh, and because Clive likes pretty girls and is still hoping for a lap dance from you before he retires and dies (soon, I hope). I hope Taylor wipes that smug smile off your face next week (but if he shouts Soul Patrol one more time, I'll go back to watching The Amazing Race from now on). And if you win, I hope AI gets what it deserves and signs an artist who cannot, for the love of God, be in tune for an entire song.

I am watching the finale next week just to hear Elliott sing again and see Kat shoved down the stage. Shove her, shove her! Y-A-Y!

1 comment:

lil superman's mum said...

Hahaha. Download mo na lahat ng songs niya, I think he has *looks at my list* 17 songs. In the process, download mo na rin mga kanta ni Ace (LOL =) I know you hate him but Father Figure is a great song =))