Saturday, October 31, 2009

mommy (and wifey) blues

Since I cannot sleep (it's only 11:36 in the evening!), I've just decided to blog. About anything I think about in the next hour or so...

Khalel is about to turn 1 next weekend. Imagine that! Parang kailan lang when I learned I was pregnant! Hmm.. Going back to that day... Parang surreal lahat. I remember I cried when I first learned about it ;) Pero nung tine-text ko si Kaye, I told her I was not crying anymore and that I'm actually happy about it. Hehehe. But the weeks after that up to the time I told my parents, sobrang roller-coaster, like, one night I was crying, the other nights I'm fine.

And then now.. it's all good! God is really really really good :) We're finally getting married. And this piece of news, really really really made me happy - like I cannot describe how much it made me happy. It was something unexpected na sobrang woooow, it's really happening. It's a testament that good things come to those who wait. Never doubt, just wait :)

Things are also looking up with Dad. He semi-hugged Jai when he formally asked for his blessing for us to get married. And coming from my dad, the "semi-hug" requires a celebration of sorts! Hahaha. That's my dad for you, I'm beginning to understand more and more why he acts the way he does. He now calls Khalel his "BFF" kasi pag nasa Las Pinas kami, ayaw umalis sa kanya ni Khalel. Hahahaha. Charming little boy - knows whom to suck up to. And I remember that day when we were planning on talking to Dad about the wedding, Khalel was sucking up to him like never before. Hahaha. Nakakapit all day kay Daddy! He really knew he had to work hard to keep Daddy in a good mood. Good job, Khalel!!! That's why I have you in my life, sweetie :)

------

I've also realized that living with someone everyday is HARD! It's serious work! Kasi as of presstime, magkagalit kami hahahaha. He's basically a few inches away from me, watching TV, while I'm doing this :P We'll be alright in a few minutes as well, I'm sure, but my point is, things tend to get to you in ways it didn't before if you spend everyday with the same person :P It doesn't make me love him less (and vice versa!! Dapat lang!!!), it's just the way life is :)

------

I'm thinking about putting my breastfeeding paraphernalia to temporary retirement (until our 2nd baby comes along.. hihi). It's been a year! I'm not complaining, because I'm a witness to its many many benefits. But it's really tiring... Especially at work.. Because I have to excuse myself every 3-4 hours to use my breastpump. Not to mention I have to lug it around wherever I go, eh mabigat pa naman yung adaptor.. Handbag, laptop, breastpump, the occasional paperbag - you can imagine how I look like going to work everyday. It's true when they say that breastfeeding is a lifestyle, it's something you really have to be committed to, otherwise mahirap talaga gawin. I'm still undecided about stopping though. Maybe I'll keep on going until I die of exhaustion (hahaha exag :)). But all that being said, I'm now a firm believer that breastmilk is good for babies :) Khalel only got sick once the entire year.. while the other babies in the daycare caught the flu and always had colds.

His pedia prescribed fresh milk for him once he turns 1! As in Cowhead, Alaska, etc. Yung nasa tetrapack ba. Which is a lot cheaper than the usual formula. That's good news for the house budget! Hehehe. I'm researching if this is how babies are fed these days, kasi parang hindi kami ganun nung bata kami.. Hmmm. But I really like his pedia (she wears knee-length boots!! Groovy!!) and she's recommended by a lot of mums in GirlTalk so I'll probably follow her advice :)

-----

Don't you think babies these days are very lucky? They have their whole lives practically saved in some digital medium. They have Facebook, Multiply, Friendster or their parents' external hard drive where they can see their kiddie milestones. Suwerte-suwerte :)

-----

May mommy sa Unilever na nagkuwento sa'kin ng conversation nila ng anak nya :) Apparently, her kiddo is obsessed with anything Spiderman!

MOMMY: Why are you wearing your Spiderman costume again? We're going to the cemetery.
KIDDO: Because I'm Spiderman nga.
MOMMY: Take it off, mainit.
KIDDO: I don't want, I'm Spiderman nga eh.
MOMMY: Sige, yung top na lang. Kasi mainit talaga.
KIDDO: Mommy, if I take off my top or kahit yung pants lang, I won't be Spiderman anymore. Can't you understand???
MOMMY: Ah hindi, tanggalin mo yan.
(Kiddo reluctantly takes it off and slips into his normal clothes.)
KIDDO: Ok, I'm Peter Parker now.

Bwahahaha. Natawa talaga ako. The kids these days!! I can't wait for Khalel to say the funniest things. But I'll surely miss his baby days :( Yung ngayong age nya, sana ganito na lang sya forever - "talking," walking, knows how to hug and kiss, likes playing with water, likes to dance - ayaw ko ng hindi na nya ako kini-kiss:( My heart will break :(

1 comment:

k a r e n said...

I admire you Bom! I think you're a great mom. I see Khalel and I see how happy he makes you and it makes me want to have one of my own. I always show Steve pictures of Khalel and we both go "awww soo cute!" =)

Oo nga, it's hard to live with someone. I love being married and I love living with Steve pero of course, it has its challenges too. Like when we fight, di na pwede yung uuwi kila mama.

Sometimes when I browse FB, I'm amazed with the fact that everyone's either engaged, married or having/had a baby. Parang kahapon lang, nasa high school pa tayo. Ang bilis talaga ng panahon. I've been out of the country for only 5 years and yet a lot has happened within just those 5 years.