Life is really all about trade-offs. You cannot want to have something more and expect everything else to remain the same. Like when you get married... You wake up each morning beside that one special person, but you have to adjust to a lot of things like getting used to cleaning up that person's mess, serving him breakfast, putting the toilet seat down, etc. It's much the same in corporate life... You cannot want to earn bigger bucks but expect your workload to remain the same. May kapalit talaga lahat :)
I was talking to someone about the odds of getting sent abroad in a few months' time. Nothing definite yet, pero may chance. One of his biggest dreams is there, waiting for him. I'm excited for him, pero yun nga, may kapalit. Masaya na malungkot. And I want to find that place where I'm just happy, period. Walang lungkot. A bit impossible, maybe, but doable. I have a feeling I'll get there when I've completely come to terms with the trade-off being only temporary and is necessary for a happiness that's sustainable and longer-lasting. Ganun din sa lahat ng iba pang bagay na may trade-offs :)
P.S.
Selfish na ba agad ang tawag dun pag nakakaramdam ka ng lungkot kahit alam mo namang magiging masaya yung ibang tao sa gagawin nila?
Saturday, February 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment