Happy Holidays, everyone!! :)
It's been a year since that fateful NY trip... It's been a year of changes, good ones. I feel as though I was trapped for a very long time, and that trip was meant to give me the courage to break free. The first few steps were awkward, hesitant, difficult even... The next steps, however, were easy and reassuring, fueled by hope that there is something better waiting for me and I only have to have faith.
Something better indeed! Sobrang dami actually :) Jai, of course is one. But contrary to what most people would think, he's not the be-all and end-all of everything good in my life. He's a big chunk, yes, he brings out the biggest smiles in me, but beginning about a year ago, I re-discovered my family, my friends, my goals, my "career," and all this ultimately led to re-discovering myself.
It's funny to think that one trip can have that much impact on one's life... But funnily enough, that's what it did to me. The biggest irony of it all is that I actually thought about turning down that trip because of various thoughts running in my head. I was hungry for change, but just like the next guy sitting beside you, I wanted everything to remain the same out of fear of the unknown, the uncertainty of tomorrow. It's a habit I'm trying to get rid of :) And I'm now eagerly waiting for things yet to come :)
Monday, December 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment