
Ma, look at my bruise =( O sige na nga, pasa.. It's really that big =(
Got it during our Paintball "War" the other day. Huhu. It's turning slightly grayish, and I have no idea what it will look like tomorrow. Hope it doesn't turn an ugly shade of yellow..
---
Someone told me a few bumps and bruises is always good for character. So literally, this bruise is good for me. Hehe. No, seriously, although it hurts like hell, I'm glad I have it =) It's my remembrance that I tried something new and I just realized, it's been a long time since I did something completely foreign to me.
I also realized I have very few bumps and bruises to talk about. I often hear this question - What is your biggest disappointment? Or biggest regret. Or biggest challenge in life. I can't think of any. And this is not to say that I get past whatever it is that life throws at me. It's the exact opposite, actually.
I'm afraid that I'm playing my cards a bit "too safe." I only go into something when I know there's a bigger chance of me emerging victorious at the end. Hence, no big disappointments. But then there's a trade-off: if you ask me what my biggest achievement is, I'll also fumble for an answer. No pain, no gain. True. Isn't it that the soldier who comes home with his battle-gear soiled with blood, full of cuts and wounds, is more celebrated than a soldier who goes back with not a single dent on his armor?
I've met people who have been through huge heartbreaks, big losses, life-changing events talaga. And I wonder why, at this age, I can't think of anything that really tore me apart. Sure, I've cried over things but then they're nothing compared to what other people go through. I don't know if I just choose to forget (like, I can't remember how exactly my childhood yaya scalded my leg with the iron.. You would think I'd remember something as big as that, right?) or if my life is really that mediocre?
Or... I can just think that I've been truly blessed.

1 comment:
Ouch!
I was s'posed to go paintballing too but I didn't go (for a reason I can't remember right now). I heard it hurts especially if you get hit close but it's supposedly a lotta fun.
Maybe I'll try it next time.. =)
Post a Comment