Wednesday, June 13, 2007

cutting off the flow

I never thought I'd say this (yes, I am that immature, I think), but accepting your weaknesses feels surprisingly good.

And I don't just mean being insecure and sulking in one corner to nurse your wounds. Doing that, based on personal experience, just adds to the feeling of inferiority, but if you willingly admit to yourself and to others that there is something lacking and proceed to address that area of concern, it feels different.

Liberating. As if a huge burden was lifted from your shoulders.

I do think that I'm weak in many areas. Insecure nga diba? Before, I only want to admit it to myself. Or if I admit it to someone else, I half-heartedly hope that he'll refute it and milk my ego in the opposite direction. I realized that approach doesn't do me any good - because my weaknesses just sit there, passively waiting to be accepted and to be worked on. There's no growth.

Then I realize that when I voice out that I need help, people will help me.

I realize that if I accept criticism in a constructive way, it leads me somewhere good. And that criticism is sometimes just that - criticism. There's no need to deliberately play it again and again in your head to try and discover what hidden meaning it has. At talagang minsan, trabaho lang, walang personalan.

And I realize that when a weakness develops slowly into a strength because you did something about it, it's a feeling like no other.

No comments: