Sunday, April 29, 2007

coming home

The first conversation was short and sweet yet unexpectedly interesting and not the least bit awkward. That in itself surprised me because I really am masungit no matter how much I try to deny it. It takes about a whole day of pakikiramdam for me to open up. Two days minimum if you're a guy.

The conversations then increased in number. They basically revolved around my pathetic excuses why oh why I can't do a good job in work. But no matter where our conversations lead us, they were always easy, unassuming, reassuring. Perhaps there is some truth in the passe cliche that the one you're meant to be with will feel like someone you've known all your life, a long-lost friend whom you're thrilled is back in your world. No, I don't believe in soulmates or one-great-love or all of those sappy themes that I, ironically, so love in Meg Ryan movies. It's just the way it was with us.

Then a portion of my life ended. I was not looking for something new, heck it was 6 years, but I guess life felt I deserved a fairy tale after all the crap in work. Just kidding :) I will never ever question why we met, why it happened the way it did, why I met him in such an off time and place (for the both of us). He had his plans, I had rough sketches of my own. I was everything I knew he did not want (seryoso =)).. Okay, he was my type (but let's allow that thought to fly right out the window =P) but there were complications I needed to deal with. We both knew the complications all too well, but like I said, ours was something easy - it grew when neither of us was looking.

So, for being willing to talk to me, walk around, shop with me, ride a carriage, ice-skate.. Thanks, JJ :)

No comments: