I recently read somewhere that the last quarter of 2006 was forecasted to be a period of big changes. And that 2007 will see the start of new things. I am not that keen on horoscopes or any other form of panghuhula, but this particular forecast was right on. For me, at least.
I've been to an unfamiliar place and back. Hay, New York. To some, it's the city of dreams. To some, it's just an over-hyped city somewhere in the East Coast. Before I went there, I was leaning towards the latter. I really didn't understand what could be so special about NY. If the city in question is Paris, I'd understand. But New York? Nah. All that's changed now though. Walking along the streets, you'd feel the excitement. The life. It ain't called the city-that-never-sleeps for nothing. But alongside the thrill and the buzz, the city exudes romance. Yes I know, quite unexpected, right? But I'm absolutely sure you'll agree with me when you get a chance to visit. It's precisely this stark contrast that makes New York, well, New York. Imagine Central Park and the high-rise towers of downtown Manhattan, romantic dinners for two amidst the blinding lights of Times Square. And the New Year celebration that's made New York infamous - hundreds of thousands of people, fireworks every hour, confettis, lots of woohs and aaaahs, and yet when the clock strikes 12, the greatest pleasure is being in the arms of someone you love.
Said goodbye to a love that once upon a time, defined my happiness. I grew tired of holding on when his fingers always wanted to let go. Thank you though for sharing your life with me - it was not all roses but good memories still. I say goodbye to you a bit scarred - nothing major that can't be fixed. For that, I'll be eternally grateful.
Started a new job that felt like actual construction work the first few months. It was when I felt the lowest of lows and questioned myself if I am good enough. Had I not been surrounded by an awesome group of people, I would have cracked. Thank God for wonderful friends!
2006 was anything but ordinary. All the feelings one could possibly feel, I may just have felt. Love, hurt, anxiety, joy, surprise, anger, amazement, jealousy, regret, fear, rejection, self-doubt, pride, excitement, guilt, sadness, comfort, embarassment, assurance, reassurance :), strength, conviction, longing.... Ano pa ba kulang? :)
I'll always look back to the year that was as a pleasant reminder that I AM growing up. Time to finally let go of things not meant for you, accept whatever life throws at you (and just throw a a good one back :)), and embrace LIFE, both the good and the bad, with arms wide open. I may have been hurt, but I was also loved. I may have been tested, but I was given the courage to stand up. Nobody really said it was easy, noh? But I wouldn't have it any other way too.
And just like that magnificent widescreen TV in Times Square kept on flashing: CHEERS TO 2007!
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
well said... very well said...
Post a Comment