Wednesday, October 18, 2006

busy as a bee

Now that work has officially started in the office, I have no time for myself anymore. Seriously.

I spent most of yesterday with my trainer, Mike Acosta. When I saw him from afar the other day, I silently wished my eyes were deceiving me because he's this big Puerto Rican guy and I had a feeling he's going to eat me alive if I let my work slip even for just a bit. He kinda looked like someone who's smoking cigaras from an old Mafia movie (I'll post a picture of him when I get the courage to ask him for one). So anyway.. I formally met him yesterday to start our training. The good news is he ain't the big bad guy I envisioned him to be. He sat with me for most of the day to teach me a process he does (details of which I'll not bore you with), and at the end of the day, he jokingly asked where his pasalubongs are. Not bad, right?

So off to home I went, only to realize that I not only have to do my documentation, but I also have to cook my own dinner (again!), wash the dishes afterwards, clean my room, wash some of my clothes then iron some of them. Thinking of it tires me already. Every single day, it's the same thing. Just a couple of hours after I eat, I'm hungry again because of all the other chores I did, but then preparing a meal all over again seems unappealing. I swear I'll buy something from a fastfood restaurant one of these days so I can eat my meal and then just go directly to bed.

And is it just me or does time fly faster here? I swear it does. One minute it's 8am, the next it's already lunch! C'mon, give me time to breath, why don't you?

I am looking forward to the weekend when I can simply be a tourist and write about the places I go to. But then, I have to catch up with my documentation. What the hell did I get myself into?! Scratch that - lest I make you think I don't appreciate the blessings that I get (I know for a fact that atleast one person back there in Manila would kill to be in my shoes). I AM happy to be here, it's just that it gets sad and tiring sometimes (imagine preparing a meal for just one person =(), and I don't get to talk with my family and friends as much as I would like to due to difference in time zones, loads of work that I have to finish, among others. I also realized I am a pampered b*tch back in Manila. I have my Dad to drive me to the office, Ate Bic to wash my clothes and prepare my meals, my Mom for just about everything. Hay. Life is just all about trade-offs. You just can't get everything.

2 comments:

shatterstar said...

so he isn't the same person you saw in myspace? heh. how's "work" so far?

lil superman's mum said...

Ha! No he isn't. Hahahaha. Naalala ko tuloy yung pic na sinend ko sa'yo =D

Work is... a bit shitty, but I'm managing =) Just have to do a little catching up =)

How's YOUR work? =)