Wednesday, October 04, 2006

7 more years to go...

Whatever you do, don't ever ever come up to me and greet me with a "weight" comment. Hindi ko talaga alam kung bakit hilig nating mga Pinoy yung ganun - "Uy, tumaba ka" (yun nga lang, kung ito ang sasabihin mo sa'kin, I'll gladly welcome it!), "Ang payat mo!!!" (with matching up-and-down body stares), etc.

Wala lang.

I have to endure continuous ribbing about my weight everytime I transfer to a new environment (but funnily, my friends in my previous company never put me through that.. aawww, I miss them all of a sudden.). If I can place a gigantic billboard on my forehead that says "It's in my genes", I'll do it. And it irritates me that everyone seems to think I enjoy being this thin - for the record, I do not. I've been to different doctors asking for their expert opinion and they all said the same thing: "Ganyan ka na talaga, pag 30 years old ka na tataba ka rin." - HUWATTT?!?

So until such time that I can blow out 30 candles in my birthday cake, please give me a break about my weight. P-L-E-A-S-E.

2 comments:

k a r e n said...

Awww... I can relate! People are always commenting on how vertically challenged I am. grrr... (as if naman di ko alam noh). Some tell me I'm skinny, iba naman sabi tumataba daw ako... You just can't please everyone!

lil superman's mum said...

How I wish they can just leave us alone =( And yup, as if hindi pa natin alam ang obvious, we don't need reminding naman.