Thursday, August 31, 2006

hit me baby one more time

Since me and my friends think we're all terrific singers (yeah! bwahaha!), we scheduled another RedBox session last weekend.

I cannot imagine how 4 hours can fly so fast. One minute we were just entering our song selections, the next minute the insufferable boy poked his head in to tell us our time was up. And as always, I felt that there was something missing. You know the feeling that you want more, that you could have done more, or done something better. Hay.

I really hope I could just let loose everytime we go to RedBox. We always get so excited when we make all these plans and then the night before, I have this vague dreams of what I will sing, of what I'll do with the songs (feeling ko nasa Philippine Idol ako, kebs mo), and then when I'm actually there with the mic, I just clam up.

It didn't help that my friends picked a song (okay, to let you on in a secret, we have this weird schemes when we go to RedBox. The thing last week was "let's pre-choose our songs then compare it against each other and strike off all common songs and steal one song from each other." Don't ask what our scheme was the previous time. Then we have this "portion" where the three other people will pick songs for you - mala-Audience Choice. Most of the time, we pick songs that are so not the forte of the singer and oftentimes, completely different from his image, tsk tsk.) that was so.... me. Mellow, not at all bouncy, not at all Dirrrty (hahaha, sorry Jen!). C'mon guys, you're the only hope I have left so I have an excuse to sing on top of a table and do nasty stuff! Gimme a challenge! You know I won't pick Dirrrty-type of songs all by myself, because I might chicken out! I need a double-dare kind of thing so I won't back out.

I also realize that I'm the same person I am in RedBox in real life. I always dream of doing more adventurous stuff, but when it's actually there, I still go back to the good-ol'-boring-me. I wish I could grab more opportunities where I can just leave my hair down and let the wind take me anywhere. I know one day I'll be presented with such an opportunity, and I dearly hope I have the courage to grab it.

In the meantime, please please, let me do a Britney song next time!

4 comments:

jen said...

hahaha!!! now that we know what you want...

be afraid...be very afraid...

bwahahahaha!!! i know someday i'll get my revenge over that Jenny From The Block and Dirrty thingies!!! can't wait!!! :)

lil superman's mum said...

Bring it on. Wahaha. Joke! =D

shatterstar said...

worse. i'll let you sing 'stars are blind'. heh.

or maybe 'unfaithful' even.

jen said...

You better learn Shakira songs... or Pink... or Jessica Simpson...

hehehehe...